At Hengistbury Head, we will work with you to create the perfect visit.
We can come to you to arrange your trip, or you can come to the Centre for a pre-visit. This will allow us to plan your excursion down to the last detail so that it works perfectly with your individual needs as a school or group.
Hengistbury Head Outdoor Education Centre is inspected and accredited by the AALA and the RYA. We have a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge and a Hampshire County Council accreditation. In addition, we offer the following:
Short, one-off sessions
Perfect for team building and group dynamics, these sessions include any of our activities.
These are a great value alternative to a residential break away, and offer many of the same opportunities. You can create your own activity week selecting from our range of activities.
These sessions can be booked giving students the opportunity to progress at a particular sport, or try a number of different activities. The ideal addition to your school-based activity week, activity days give students the opportunity to try a number of different activities in a day.
Our climbing wall can be booked with our fully-qualified instructors to run the activity, leaving teachers free to work with other students. The 7.5 metre wall offers challenges for all abilities.
- All risk assessments are provided
- All sessions run by fully-qualified, experienced staff
- The Centre works with all ages and abilities
- Sessions can be adapted for special needs groups
- A combination of environmental studies and activity sessions possible
- We can run after-school clubs
- Students can gain National Governing Body Qualifications
- The Centre can cater for a whole year group at a time
- Transport options available